One way to increase service-department business is to get on the telephone and call customers.
But that can be yet another thing to do at a dealership. Consequently, it doesn't get done.
However a service-retention company, @utoRevenue, a division of Dominion Dealer Solutions, introduces a new program that handles such calls for dealers. It's called @utoVoice Live.
It delivers brief, live-voice calls directly to customers. The goal is to increase loyalty and retention rates, and maximize participation in key service milestones.
Doing the phone calls are call agents representing dealerships.
They book service appointments and gather or confirm personal data points, such as email addresses and other contact fields.
The service “engages customers in a conversation,” says Brice Englert, @utoRevenue general manager.
This year, “service retention may be the single most critical metric for our customers' success,” he notes.
- Cover first service appointment reminders and regular service reminders.
- Go out to customers that haven't been to the service departrment for a while.
- Survey customers that had service work on their cars to see if they are satisfied.
- Follow up on declined service to give customers another chance to schedule an appointment.
- Follow up to reschedule missed appointments.
Questions or comments about this column?
Send us an e-mail at [email protected].