Since online lead-provider Dealix announced a lead-return program in September, more than 700 dealers have signed up for the free service.
“Program adoption has exceeded our expectations,” says Egon Smola, Dealix vice president- product and business operations.
Dealix, a division of Cobalt, defines a valid lead as one that meets the following criteria:
- Represents an active, in-market consumer.
- Contains a working telephone number for the person who submitted the lead.
- Originates from an adult who is 18 years of age or older.
- Is not a duplicate of a lead provided by Dealix in the past 30 days.
- Is not a duplicate of a lead previously delivered by a source other than Dealix within the 30 days prior to the receipt of the Dealix lead.
The return program allows dealers to identify any leads they believe fail one or more of the Dealix Quality Pledge criteria and return those leads to Dealix.
Dealix will review each lead return and confirm eligibility within three business days.
When a lead return is validated, the charge is taken off the dealer's bill and the lead is replaced, when possible, with a new lead.
Dealix say a survey shows 82% of dealer respondents found the process of returning leads to be very easy or easy and 87% were satisfied with the speed of lead verification.