Online technologies such as blogs, podcasts and streaming video are changing the way consumers research and buy products and services, especially vehicles.
Trends suggest modern advertising should be a combination of these new technologies and traditional media outlets.
Dan Burrus, a technology expert, says business people venturing into online advertising need to understand basic tenets. He calls them “The Five Pillars of Digital Marketing.”
The goal is to seamlessly integrate both traditional and digital marketing, says Burrus, founder and CEO of Burrus Research that monitors technology trends.
Here's what he says to do:
- Use the power of personalization to attract consumers.
- Know the differences between online communities to generate interest.
- Understand how intelligent multi-media searches will change the way customers find their information.
- Keep up with the evolving forms of content, such as podcasts and blogs.
- Key into why interactivity is so important for advertisements.
Dealership Goes for Function Over Form
It may not be the biggest dealership in the world, but Spirit Hyundai of Annapolis thinks its redesigned website is one of the best in the business.
“We cannot afford to have even a minor or temporary disconnect between us and our customers,“ says Steve A. Gall, president of the Maryland dealership.
The website, www.hyundaiannapolis.com, is not particularly eye-catching, but it is billed as user friendly and more functional.
New website features make it possible to give customer correspondences immediate attention and to update inventory daily. Bartek Management of Philadelphia oversaw the redesign.