- Behave toward your alliance partner the way you want them to behave toward you.
- It's more important to be a good alliance partner and get things done, then to obsess on being right.
- Make relationship bank deposits before you try to make withdrawals.
- Regularly share relationship value updates with your alliance partner.
- Know what your partner needs.
- Be clear about what you want from your alliance relationship and what you are willing to give to it.
- Be committed; always show your confidence and passion toward your alliance.
- Do more for your alliance partner than you promised, exceed their expectations.
- Resolve conflict immediately.
- You can't partner with an organization or individual that doesn't want to be a good partner.
Ed Rigsbee (800-839-1520/[email protected]) is a CSP trainer and consultant.