Agero introduces Recall Solutions, described by the provider of software-enabled driver assistance services as the industry’s first suite of integrated end-to-end vehicle recall management services.
The new product is designed to help automakers effectively manage vehicle recalls, a complex process that is typically delayed by inaccurate information and coordination obstacles – reasons why more than one in five vehicles have an open recall, Agero says in a news release.
Recall Solutions’ suite of services covers everything from VIN owner validation to email/phone/digital outreach and service scheduling, vehicle logistics support, real-time reporting and digital case management, the company says.
“When these unexpected campaigns arise, manufacturers need a partner that can quickly cover all that their recall requires, from finding and contacting customers to coordinating and supporting repair scheduling – all while putting brand messages and customer experience first,” says Jason Peters, vice president-consumer affairs and connected vehicles at Agero.
“We’ve been supporting the automotive ecosystem – from manufacturers to dealers to fleet managers to repair shops and their customers – for decades and have seen just about everything, giving us the systems, infrastructure, partnerships and expertise needed to quickly drive results.”
Recall Solutions addresses the failure points that are common in traditional recall campaigns to drive recall completion at all stages:
- Recall Owner Validation – Finding the correct owner of a vehicle is the first step to successfully completing a recall campaign, but difficulty arises as the vehicle changes ownership throughout its lifecycle. Agero can validate current vehicle owners while augmenting and enhancing owner records by utilizing existing proprietary and partner data sources that provide access to more than 170 million unique records, thereby increasing the likelihood of reaching and notifying the correct vehicle owner the first time.
- Proactive Engagement – While regulations require customer notification by paper mail, this approach does little to address downstream coordination and follow-up. Recall Solutions optimizes inbound and outbound communications through a seamless omnichannel experience that also reaches owners through notifications such as email, phone or text. These additional touchpoints can cause typical mail-only response rates of 66% to jump to about a 90% completion rate.
- Scheduling – Forty percent of owners in need of a recall repair struggle with scheduling due to lack of integrated systems or trouble finding an appropriate time. Recall Solutions can work directly with dealer scheduling systems to reduce friction.
- Vehicle & Customer Logistics – There are important nuances to handling movement and repair of a 2-ton vehicle, especially if the recall creates an immediate and critical safety concern. Agero has spent decades working directly with OEMs, dealers, repair facilities, tow providers and motorists, and has incorporated that expertise into its Recall Solutions to ensure necessary vehicle logistics across 100% of zip codes nationwide. Agero also can seamlessly manage the process of helping customers hand off and reunite with their vehicles by scheduling a loaner or rental, or coordinating rideshare services to minimize consumer inconvenience.
- Real-Time Reporting – Recall Solutions incorporates the latest in digital and mobile touchpoints and real-time campaign analytics and reporting to ensure branded, simple visibility into campaign success.
“Recalls are unfortunate and increasingly common,” Peters says. “Manufacturers need a holistic solution that can quickly ramp the campaign, positively engage customers and provide the insight needed on completion so that the whole process is as painless and problem-free as possible.”
More information on Agero’s new Recall Solutions product is available at: www.agero.com/consumer-affairs