Aston Martin is set to launch eight new front-engine models over the next two years, according to the U.K. automaker’s chairman Lawrence Stroll.
Speaking at the Financial Times
' Future of the Car summit in London, Stroll says: “We've got our next generation of sports cars and will launch eight in the next 24 months.
“We will bring in new technology, have performance from our F1 team integrated into the business and continue the luxury,” he adds.
Among the planned new Aston Martin models are replacements for the DB11, Vantage and DBS, according to officials at the company’s headquarters in Gaydon, England. Included among the eight front-engined models confirmed by Stroll are convertible variants, they suggest.
Stroll, a part owner of Aston Martin, indicates the future lineup will include a new front-engined flagship model.
“We’ve created a new sector above GT. A true high level of luxury with a high level of performance. Something new,” he says.
The Canadian billionaire businessman, who also controls the Aston Martin F1 team, says Aston Martin also is developing new mid-engine models, starting with the previously confirmed Valhalla.
“There will be a mid-engine sports car legitimately using F1 technology,” Stroll says of the new hybrid sports car.
He also confirms Aston Martin remains committed to launching its first battery-electric model in 2025, saying further details will be made public at the company’s planned capital markets day set to take place June 27.
“The software components have been decided. We have hired several hundred people and brought lots of competency in-house. It still has to be an Aston Martin experience with EV,” Stroll says.