The Automotive Hall of Fame's Industry Leader of the Year is Carlos Ghosn, president and CEO of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd., who's credited with the auto maker's turnaround.
He'll be honored at a Jan. 30 awards luncheon in conjunction with the 2005 National Automobile Dealers Assn. convention in New Orleans.
“The well-documented turnaround of Nissan, led by Carlos Ghosn, has become one of the auto industry's great success stories and case studies,” says Jeffrey Leestma, president of the Automotive Hall of Fame in Dearborn, MI.
Ghosn is also slated to deliver the convention's keynote address.
Hall of Fame service awards will go to six other industry leaders. They are:
- Charles R. Blum, president emeritus, Specialty Equipment Market Assn.
- Christine K. Cortez, senior vice president, Global Service and Parts, DaimlerChrysler AG.
- Ronald L. Cutler, vice president, sales & marketing, TRW Automotive
- Ray Green, owner of retail dealer group Green Holding Co.
- James G. O'Connor, retiring group vice president for Ford Motor Co.
- David O'Reilly, CEO of aftermarket parts retailer O'Reilly Automotive.
The 11 a.m.-1 p.m. luncheon is at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel. For tickets ($75 per person), call 313-240-4000.