DealerTrack's revised Compliance Guide is available this month. The 47-page guide offers tips to protect dealerships in all compliance areas. Its seven sections cover rules, regulations, laws and best practices in:
- Privacy, security and identity theft
- Credit applications and contracts
- Marketing and advertising for new and used cars
- Aftermarket selling, including service contracts and insurance
- Arbitration agreements with customers
- Record-keeping and destruction
- Glossary — from adverse actions to U.S. Patriot Act
The guide also explains current federal agency and FTC guidelines for identity theft prevention, address accuracy and how the federal government's new “red flag” rules affect dealers.
The rules address requirements for written ID theft prevention programs that dealers and “financial institutions” must have in place by Nov. 1, 2008.
The compliance guide is free to dealers. For information, call DT toll-free at 888-556-0102.