Ford has resumed construction of its EV battery park in Marshall, Michigan, but on a smaller scale, the company announced Tuesday.
The announcement comes about two months after the automaking titan paused construction and decided to limit spending on the Marshall site. At the time, a spokesman said there were “a number of considerations” behind the decision.
Since then, Ford has reevaluated the plan to ensure the automaker could operate the plant economically, T.R. Reid, director of Ford’s corporate and public policy communications, told Manufacturing Dive.
Those considerations include labor costs and government incentive programs, Reid said.
Read more here on Automotive Dive.