“I hate to characterize the CFPB as an agency run amok, but it’s on the wrong side of this issue.”
- American Financial Services Assn. CEO Chris Stinebert on why the auto-finance industry is battling a federal regulatory agency.
Feeling Right, Lenders Fight Federal Regulator
“Teammates help you achieve more. That is a guiding principle I share with everyone starting out in this role.”
- Mark Watson, the finance director for the 9-store Van Horn Automotive Group
Auto Dealership Manager Big Believer in Word Tracks
“It’s easy to fund credit scores of 700 and up. You can do that all day long.”
- Amy Cutts, chief economist at credit-tracker Equifax
Take a Deep Breath Wall Street
“That was the best repo I ever had.”
- Honda Finance’s David Paul jokingly suggesting what someone might say if the subject of repossessions became a customer-satisfaction survey question.
Bankers Fret About Uber Mobile Lending
“We take just one shot at selling what is by far the most profitable opportunity in F&I.”
- AutoAlert’s Tony Rhoades citing reasons customers didn’t buy extended-service agreements in the first place.
Skill, Strategy Needed for Dealerships to Sell Service Contracts on Second Round
“The experience brings deep interaction with the consumer, allowing for visual explanations that go far beyond static photos.”
- CreditMiner’s Don O’Neill on how virtual-reality technology can help F&I managers.
Virtual Reality Check: Will Car Dealership Shoppers Go for VR Goggles?
“A positive mental attitude is paramount for the F&I professional, and while (it) isn’t teachable, it is infectious.”
- F&I trainer Mike Hirschfield.
Put Heart Into Selling
“A non-captive that provides a robust customer experience has a higher loyalty rate than a captive.”
- Andrea Riley, Ally’s chief marketing officer
Ally Steps Up Customer Communications