Several dealers have received suspicious invoices from a DSL firm in Texas.
The amount of the bill in each case was $149. A phone number included on the invoice was not in service.
Dealers should review all invoices to make sure they're legitimate.
The Illinois Automobile Dealers Association offers these guidelines:
- Check all paperwork closely, watching especially for invoices and checks from unusual places.
- Scrutinize any solicitations that attempt to collect on products or services outside the scope of normal business.
- Confirm orders with the firm and whomever supposedly authorized the purchase.
- Avoid payment until you know the goods or services were ordered and received.
- If you receive a check payable to you or your dealership, read and understand all the terms listed on the back before cashing it.