Kia bests Mazda this week in the Most Engaging Auto Ads rankings, powered for WardsAuto by iSpot.tv. Its playful commercial, which has been on the charts for weeks, captured 17.06% of the industry’s digital share of voice and has had 1,677 national airings.
Mazda holds down second place, with 12.55% of the share of voice for its ubiquitous CX-9 ad. New entrant Ram snags No. 3 with a spot about its “longest-lasting pickups” that features music by Gary Clark Jr.
Subaru takes fourth place with a cute commercial about a young boy who breaks everything he touches, except his family’s Subaru. Volvo again finishes out the chart with its XC90 ad incorporating music by Sharon Van Etten.
iSpot.tv tracks TV ads in real-time and allows customers to monitor social actions, search activity and online video views associated with TV spots across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google, Bing and Yahoo!.
1. 2016 Kia Soul TV Spot, 'Hamsters: Share Some Soul' Featuring Nathaniel Rateliff
17.06% Digital Share of Voice, 481k Earned Online Views
2. 2016 Mazda CX-9 TV Spot, 'Driving Matters: Crafted'
12.55% Digital Share of Voice, 478k Earned Online Views
3. 2016 Ram 1500 TV Spot, 'Longest-Lasting Pickups' Song by Gary Clark, Jr.
6.36% Digital Share of Voice, 252k Earned Online Views
4. Subaru Legacy TV Spot, 'The Boy Who Breaks Everything'
5.96% Digital Share of Voice, 66k Earned Online Views
5. 2016 Volvo XC90 TV Spot, 'Wedding' Song by Sharon Van Etten
5.90% Digital Share of Voice, 17k Earned Online Views