Each week WardsAuto teams up with iSpot.tv to rank the most-viewed automotive commercials – the ads that have racked up the highest number of impressions across national broadcast and cable TV airings.
This week, to celebrate Super Bowl LII, we’re doing something a little different by bringing you two rankings focused on auto ads during the big game: one with the most online views, and one with the most social impressions (note: data as of Monday, Feb. 5 at 12 p.m. ET).
Overall, when it comes to driving online viewership, star power definitely helps. Kia’s ad for its new Stinger sport sedan, starring Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler, collected more online views than the second- and third-ranked spots combined.
In the case of Lexus, the co-sponsorship with Marvel’s Black Panther was a great way to drive attention to the automaker’s LS 500 F Sport.
iSpot.tv is a real-time TV ad measurement company with attention and conversion analytics from more than 7 million smart TVs.
Super Bowl Auto Ads By Total Online Views
1. Kia - Fueled by Youth (feat. Steven Tyler) 7.5 million online views
2. Jeep - Jurassic (feat. Jeff Goldblum) 3 million online views
3. Ram - Vikings (Song by Queen) 2.7 million online views
4. Lexus - Black Panther (co-brand for Marvel’s new Black Panther movie) 2.4 million online views
5. Hyundai - Hope Detector 2.3 million online views
Super Bowl Auto Ads By Social Impressions
1. Ram - Built to Serve (feat. Martin Luther King, Jr.) 195 million social impressions (It’s worth noting that this commercial was fairly controversial and actually ended up generating negative sentiment online.)
2. Toyota - Mobility Anthem 24.5 million social impressions
3. Kia - Fueled by Youth (feat. Steven Tyler) 14 million social impressions
4. Jeep - A Road 11.8 million social impressions
5. Toyota - Good Odds 9.9 million social impressions